Editorial Board Member Appointment:
Editorial Board members are appointed by the senior coeditor upon consensus of the Editorial Council (senior and junior coeditors).
Eligibility for new board member appointments is based on the following criteria:
- Potential Editorial Board member has obtained a doctoral degree specializing in sport pedagogy or related fields at least five years before serving on the JTPE Editorial Board.
- Potential Editorial Board member has published three manuscripts in the last five years in tier one journals (initial membership requirements: one publication in JTPE and one first authorship publication).
- Potential Editorial Board member has served as a guest reviewer for JTPE for three years and completed an adequate number of high quality, non-biased reviews.
- Potential Editorial Board member has demonstrated expertise in areas needed on the board.
- Potential Editorial Board member is committed to attending the annual JTPE Editorial Board meetings when possible and to contributing to the mission of JTPE.
The members of JTPE Editorial Board are appointed for three years and are directly accountable to the editors of JTPE. In turn, the senior editor of JTPE is responsible to Human Kinetics Publishing.
The JTPE Editorial Board members’ responsibilities include - but are not limited to - the following:
- JTPE Editorial Board members complete a minimum of six reviews per year in a timely manner.
- JTPE Editorial Board members provide respectful and constructive reviews for authors that avoid hurtful language and contribute in providing high quality papers.
- JTPE Editorial Board members demonstrate confidentiality and objectivity regarding the manuscripts and the review process.
- JTPE Editorial Board members participate in the evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of JTPE to help maintain high standards.
Editorial Board membership nominations are requested from existing JTPE Editorial Board members. Board members whose term has been completed and who wish to continue on the Board can also nominate themselves as a self-nomination (through a letter of intent only). Nominations should be submitted in writing (preferably via electronic mail) to the Senior Editor who is responsible for arranging the review/selection process. Nominees are then asked to submit a curriculum vita to the Senior Editor along with a statement expressing their interest in the position and explaining their suitability.
The coeditors of JTPE will consider nominees who meet the five eligibility criteria and have provided requested material as potential JTPE Editorial Board members. The JTPE Editorial Board can consist of up to 32 members at a time.
Renewal of the JTPE Editorial Board membership:
The coeditors determine the renewal of the JTPE Editorial Board membership. Board members, upon completion of their term of service, are invited to continue to serve on the Board if they have successfully fulfilled all their responsibilities during their three-year term. This will be determined by the Eligibility Criteria and their ability to fulfill appropriate Responsibilities for JTPE Editorial Board Membership.