In preparing articles for submission to the Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, authors must follow the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed., 2009). Copies can be found in most university libraries or in campus bookstores, or can be obtained directly (http://www.apastyle.org/pubmanual.html).
- All articles must include an abstract of 100–150 words typed on a separate page along with three to six key words not used in the title.
- The entire manuscript must be double-spaced. Line numbers should be inserted, continuous throughout the text, to facilitate the review process.
- Tables must be prepared using Microsoft Word’s table-formatting functions.
- Manuscript length should not exceed 28 pages, including references, tables, and figures.
- Special attention should be given to the accuracy of the references and APA style.
- Figures must be crisp, clear, and properly labeled. Do not submit low-resolution electronic files.
- Manuscripts should not be submitted to another journal at the same time.
- All quantitative studies must report effect sizes.
Submit your manuscript only through Manuscript Central, the online submission system for the Journal of Teaching in Physical Education. The Web address is http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/hk_jtpe.
Manuscript Central manages the electronic transfer of manuscripts throughout the article review process, providing systematic instructions and a user-friendly design. Please access the site and follow the directions for authors submitting manuscripts. Any problems that might be encountered can be easily resolved by selecting “Get Help Now” in the upper-right corner of any Manuscript Central screen. All manuscripts must be submitted using the Web-based system; we no longer accept submissions via mail or e-mail. To facilitate blind review, the first page of the manuscript should include only the title of the manuscript and the date of submission. The manuscript itself should contain no clues as to the author’s identity. A separate cover sheet with contact information is no longer required because the necessary identifying information is entered in Manuscript Central.
Manuscripts will be acknowledged upon receipt and will be sent to two reviewers for blind review; the review process normally takes 2 to 3 months for an initial decision. Once the manuscript has been accepted, it will be published in the first available space after the final revision has been received. There are no page charges to authors. Authors of manuscripts accepted for publication must transfer copyright to Human Kinetics, Inc.
Copyright Assignment Form