Submission Guidelines for RSJ
- Submitted manuscripts should be original works not previously published or simultaneously submitted to another journal.
- Submit complete names, title, mailing address, phone, fax, and e-mail addresses for all authors.
- A 150-word abstract should accompany an article of no longer than 3,500 words; longer articles will receive lower priority for publication.
- Supply no more than six key words that are not duplicated in the article title.
- Articles should be “letter perfect” in grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and all lines in manuscripts should be numbered (line numbering should be turned “on” in Microsoft Word).
- For style, articles must adhere to the guidelines published in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed., 2010). Copies are available in most academic libraries (inquire at the reference desk) and can be purchased in most bookstores.
- Microsoft Word (all versions) is preferred. If using another word processing program, please save your document as an .rtf file.
- Figures and tables: Use only where appropriate but not duplicated in the text of the article. In figures, use black and white only, no shading or color. Keep labels proportionate with the size of the figure on the journal page, which is 4.5 in. wide by 7.5 in. high. Resolution of digital images should be 300 dpi at full size for photos and 600 dpi for line art; color images cannot be accepted. Format tables using the “Table” function of your word processing program rather than aligning columns in text with tabs and spaces or using text boxes.
- References: Use APA style; reference citations in the text must match those in the reference list and must be accurate as to dates of publication and spelling of author names.
Articles are to be submitted electronically via Manuscript Central.
First-time authors will create an account by following the directions on the Manuscript Central page. Authors will be asked to submit a "blinded" version of their article and a separate cover sheet with names, institutional affiliations, and contact information.
Submission of articles outside the Manuscript Central system is possible only in special circumstances and with the advance permission of the editor. For more information, contact the editor: Dr. Paul R. Milton, Department of Sport Sciences, Ashland University, 401 College Avenue, Ashland, OH 44805; Phone: (419) 207-6165; Fax: (419) 289-5460; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Assignment Form
Editorial Ethics Policy